To apply for any position at the City of Colfax, please complete our required Application Form (if available) below or obtain an application in person at City Hall. Please make sure you meet the specific qualifications for the position you are applying for; otherwise the application will not be processed. We look forward to receiving your application and discussing the employment opportunity of interest.
The City of Colfax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Job Openings
Colfax Police Department
400 N Mill St PO Box 229
Colfax, WA 99111
Phone (509) 397-3861 Fax (509) 397-3044
www.colfaxwa.org/application-process Email: email@example.com
Position: Police Officer – Lateral
Salary: $3926 - $5158 (DOE)
- Minimum 21 years of age
- United States Citizen
- High School Diploma/GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- No criminal record or automatic disqualifiers as outlined in Civil Service Rules
- Successful completion of the Washington State Basic Training Academy or the ability to successfully complete the Washington State Basic Training Equivalency Academy within one year of hire date.
- Must not have been separated from law enforcement for more than 24 months.
- Any qualifications mandated by Civil Service Commission
- One (1) year probation
- Enforce Local, State and Federal laws
- Investigate reports of criminal activity
- Investigate traffic accidents
- Compose and file written reports
- Patrols jurisdictional area in vehicle and on foot and observes and detects suspicious and criminal activity and investigates as necessary
- Gathers evidential materials at scenes of criminal activity and accidents and at other scenes where evidence collection is necessary
- Renders first aid and other emergency assistance
- Serves warrants, makes arrest, transports criminals, testifies in court
- Receives duty assignments and performs work independently using judgement and initiative in applying law enforcement procedures
- Available for emergency response as assigned
- Answer radio call for emergency responses as assigned
- Performs specialized duties as assigned by the Chief of Police
- Comply with city Personnel Manual